Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec rose $6.66 (2.0%) to $335.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,302,371 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,355,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $323.31-$335.88 after having opened the day at $330.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $328.45. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical ( RARE), up 17.1%, Raptor Pharmaceutical ( RPTP), up 14.9%, China Biologic Products ( CBPO), up 11.9% and Catalyst Pharmaceutical Partners ( CPRX), up 11.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.