Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Reynolds American ( RAI) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Reynolds American rose $0.87 (1.8%) to $48.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,561,597 shares of Reynolds American exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,282,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $47.62-$48.66 after having opened the day at $47.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.64. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Patrick Industries ( PATK), up 17.5%, Tesla Motors ( TSLA), up 8.4%, Hyster-Yale Materials Handling Inc Class A ( HY), up 8.4% and Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Reynolds American Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.