Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Williams Companies ( WMB) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Williams Companies rose $1.50 (3.7%) to $42.00 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 13,118,767 shares of Williams Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,982,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.44-$42.47 after having opened the day at $40.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.50. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Basic Energy Services ( BAS), up 15.5%, Lightbridge ( LTBR), up 15.4%, Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), up 12.4% and Great Panther Silver ( GPL), up 12.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Williams Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.