Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BB&T ( BBT) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, BB&T rose $0.37 (1.0%) to $37.18 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,698,903 shares of BB&T exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,031,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.57-$37.29 after having opened the day at $36.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.81. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania ( RBPAA), up 16.5%, Howard Bancorp Inc Md ( HBMD), up 14.3%, First Federal Bancshares of Arkansas ( FFBH), up 7.3% and Intermountain Community Bancorp ( IMCB), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BB&T Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.