Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesla Motors ( TSLA) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, Tesla Motors rose $16.33 (8.4%) to $209.97 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 17,966,309 shares of Tesla Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,027,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $206.27-$215.21 after having opened the day at $215.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $193.64. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Patrick Industries ( PATK), up 17.5%, Hyster-Yale Materials Handling Inc Class A ( HY), up 8.4%, Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 7.3% and Dana ( DAN), up 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Tesla Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.