Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Directv ( DTV) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Directv as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DTV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $235.8 million.
- DTV has traded 11,305 shares today.
- DTV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DTV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DTV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DTV: DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment in the United States and Latin America. The company engages in acquiring, promoting, selling, and distributing digital entertainment programming primarily through satellite to residential and commercial subscribers. DTV has a PE ratio of 13.9. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Directv a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Directv has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Directv has a market cap of $37.8 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 3.7% with 6.69 days to cover. Shares are up 4.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Directv as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DTV's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 42.22% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 39.28% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DTV should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- DIRECTV has improved earnings per share by 42.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DIRECTV increased its bottom line by earning $4.61 versus $3.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.96 versus $4.61).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income increased by 23.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $565.00 million to $699.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,345.00 million or 21.28% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.15%.
- You can view the full Directv Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.