Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR Class A ( RDS.A) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR Class A as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RDS.A has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $148.8 million.
- RDS.A traded 361,410 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:44 AM, representing 17.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RDS.A with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RDS.A NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RDS.A: Royal Dutch Shell plc operates as an independent oil and gas company worldwide. The company explores for and extracts crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.3%. RDS.A has a PE ratio of 9.1. The average volume for Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR Class A has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR Class A has a market cap of $226.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 0.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR Class A as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- RDS.A's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.79 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC reported lower earnings of $5.18 versus $8.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($14.30 versus $5.18).
- RDS.A, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Royal Dutch Shell PLC ADR Class A Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.