- Ericsson 'must-see' demos at Mobile World Congress 2014 give glimpse of the future, including what's new in 5G
- Speeds of 450Mbps, world firsts in LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation and Coordinated Radio Access Network, Digital Signage enabled by LTE Broadcast and the world's smallest LTE Advanced modem
- See Global Network Operations Center and next-generation Live TV in action in Ericsson Experience in Hall 2
- Managed M2M for enterprises and operators, with walkthroughs of real M2M processes featuring cargo shipping, smart grids and smart metering operations.
- Managed Rural Coverage, providing coverage as a service for rural areas.
- Ericsson Device Care, an Ericsson Device and Application Verification service that enables operators to remotely view, control, configure and perform real-time diagnostics on mobile devices and applications.
- Spectrum Refarming 2.0, a turnkey service that allows an existing GSM/UMTS network to use less spectrum without jeopardizing quality, freeing up this expensive resource for more carriers or new technologies.
LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation demo suite
- Speeds up to 450Mbps to a single device using three carriers.
- Commercially ready LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation using two 20MHz carriers, with the world's first inter-company demonstration of mobile broadband speeds up to 300Mbps to a partner device.
- The world's first inter-company LTE Advanced Combined Cell demonstration, using Transmission Mode 9 (TM9) with a partner device. Increases mobile broadband capacity by as much as 100 percent and raises cell-edge throughput.
- Use of the 3.5GHz band and LTE Advanced as a carrier aggregation supplementary downlink to a partner device, another world first, to increase mobile broadband speeds.
- Demo of Authorized Shared Access (ASA) accelerates mobile operator's access to new bands by enabling dynamic sharing of spectrum between entities.
- Efficient Lead-to-Cash for Service Agility enables the operator to differentiate, build loyalty and drive profitable revenue growth by optimizing, evolving and transforming the Lead-to-Cash cycle.
- Digital Signage uses the growing number of connected screens to provide new use cases and revenue models. LTE Broadcast allows mobile operators to deliver advertising or entertainment to a broad number of screens cost-effectively, enabling real-time, dynamic updates of billboards, taxi and elevator screens, and public venue displays.
- Next-Generation Live TV, Ericsson video compression has led TV evolution for over 20 years. UHDTV delivery and Adaptive Bit Rate multicast will be among the latest video compression technologies on display.
- Business Agility with SP-SDN and NFV, create, implement and deploy new network services, capturing new revenues through network virtualization.
- Integrated Assurance and Analytics for IPTV, with enhanced assurance and analytics capabilities, operators can gain insights and take targeted actions to boost customer experience and minimize churn.
We will also have the world's smallest and most power-efficient LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation modem on hand: the Ericsson M7450 provides maximum design flexibility for smartphones, tablets and any other connected device.During Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, Spain, Ericsson is showing world-leading technology and service capabilities and innovations. We believe that anything that benefits from a connection will be connected, and we lead the way with solutions that drive the development in mobility, broadband and the cloud, creating the foundation for eco-systems and transformation across industries. We are your guide in the Networked Society. Welcome to our media and analyst briefing, Monday, February 24, 08:30am CET. You can find us at MWC in Hall 2, Stand 2S60. RSVP to email@example.com Follow us during the event using @Ericsson and @Networked_Soc and join the discussion using #MWC14. Insights from our experts and Networked Society evangelists are also published on our blog during the event. NOTES TO EDITORS Ericsson Mobile World Congress Media Kit Download high-resolution photos and broadcast-quality video at www.ericsson.com/press Ericsson is a world-leading provider of communications technology and services. We are enabling the Networked Society with efficient real-time solutions that allow us all to study, work and live our lives more freely, in sustainable societies around the world. Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks and we support customers' networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscribers. We are more than 110,000 people working with customers in more than 180 countries. Founded in 1876, Ericsson is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. In 2013 the company's net sales were SEK 227.4 billion (USD 34.9 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX, Stockholm and NASDAQ, New York stock exchanges. www.ericsson.com www.ericsson.com/news www.twitter.com/ericssonpress www.facebook.com/ericsson www.youtube.com/ericsson FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
Ericsson Corporate Communications Phone: +46 10 719 69 92 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgEricsson Investor Relations Phone: +46 10 719 00 00 E-mail: email@example.com Ericsson demos bring future to Mobile World Congress 2014 http://hugin.info/1061/R/1763471/597637.pdf HUG#1763471