Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Northeast Utilities ( NU) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Northeast Utilities fell $0.47 (-1.1%) to $44.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,888,125 shares of Northeast Utilities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,817,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.36-$45.14 after having opened the day at $44.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.91. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), down 7.2%, Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), down 6.2%, Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), down 4.6% and Transportadora de Gas del Sur ( TGS), down 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Northeast Utilities Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.