Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. United Parcel Service ( UPS) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, United Parcel Service fell $1.31 (-1.4%) to $95.18 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,362,780 shares of United Parcel Service exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,289,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $95.03-$96.37 after having opened the day at $96.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $96.49. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), down 23.9%, Navios Maritime Holdings ( NM), down 11.7%, Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 11.4% and Teekay Tankers ( TNK), down 8.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full United Parcel Service Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.