Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.5%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold fell $0.57 (-1.7%) to $33.17 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11,078,297 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,647,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.08-$34.10 after having opened the day at $33.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.74. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Great Panther Silver ( GPL), down 12.9%, USEC ( USU), down 10.9%, Mines Management ( MGN), down 9.9% and Golden Star Resources ( GSS), down 9.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.