Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial fell $1.13 (-1.3%) to $84.28 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,639,903 shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,191,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $84.17-$87.03 after having opened the day at $85.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.41. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: HCI Group ( HCI), down 7.0%, Meadowbrook Insurance Group ( MIG), down 6.1%, United Fire Group ( UFCS), down 5.0% and Donegal Group ( DGICA), down 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.