Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Merck ( MRK) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Merck fell $0.65 (-1.2%) to $55.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,256,678 shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,781,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $54.99-$55.66 after having opened the day at $55.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.69. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: NeoGenomics ( NEO), down 15.3%, Prana Biotechnology ( PRAN), down 13.3%, Escalon Medical Corporation ( ESMC), down 10.3% and Alphatec Holdings ( ATEC), down 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Merck Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.