Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Praxair ( PX) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Praxair fell $1.57 (-1.2%) to $128.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,243,826 shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,138,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $127.98-$130.07 after having opened the day at $129.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $129.72. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), down 7.7%, Amyris ( AMRS), down 6.8%, Senomyx ( SNMX), down 5.7% and Ceres ( CERE), down 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Praxair Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.