Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Citigroup fell $1.19 (-2.4%) to $48.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 26,209,220 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 25,408,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.19-$49.31 after having opened the day at $49.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.38. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: VelocityShares 3x Inverse Natural Gas ETN ( DGAZ), down 9.4%, Credit Suisse ( XIV), down 6.8%, VelocityShares 3x Long Silver ETN linked to ( USLV), down 6.5% and United Community Banks ( UCBI), down 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.