Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kroger ( KR) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Kroger rose $1.17 (3.1%) to $38.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,602,920 shares of Kroger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,898,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.41-$38.89 after having opened the day at $37.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.60. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Zale Corporation ( ZLC), up 40.3%, Signet Jewelers ( SIG), up 18.1%, Seanergy Maritime Holdings ( SHIP), up 15.2% and Liberty Media Corp Class B ( LVNTB), up 11.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Kroger Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.