Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts rose $0.39 (2.1%) to $19.25 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,155,136 shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,283,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.69-$19.64 after having opened the day at $18.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.86. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Supertel Hospitality ( SPPR), up 33.5%, Ashford Hospitality ( AHT), up 8.9%, CBL & Associates Properties ( CBL), up 7.6% and American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Host Hotels & Resorts Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.