Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alcoa ( AA) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.5%. By the end of trading, Alcoa rose $0.36 (3.2%) to $11.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 32,979,261 shares of Alcoa exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 27,456,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11.34-$12.00 after having opened the day at $11.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.40. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Avino Silver & Gold Mines ( ASM), up 5.3%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 4.8%, China Precision Steel ( CPSL), up 4.0% and Arch Coal ( ACI), up 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alcoa Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.