Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Discovery Communications ( DISCA) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Discovery Communications rose $0.81 (1.0%) to $81.14 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,378,678 shares of Discovery Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,481,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $80.15-$82.29 after having opened the day at $80.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.33. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Liberty Media Corp Class B ( LVNTB), up 11.0%, Lee ( LEE), up 9.7%, Rocket Fuel ( FUEL), up 5.7% and YOU On Demand Holdings ( YOD), up 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Discovery Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.