Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Facebook ( FB) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Facebook rose $0.76 (1.1%) to $68.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 56,000,335 shares of Facebook exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 63,212,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $67.00-$69.08 after having opened the day at $67.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.30. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: ChinaCache International Holdings ( CCIH), up 20.0%, Internet Initiative Japan ( IIJI), up 7.3%, Jiayuan.com International ( DATE), up 5.8% and LiveDeal ( LIVE), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Facebook Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.