Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CBL & Associates Properties ( CBL) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, CBL & Associates Properties rose $1.30 (7.6%) to $18.44 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,321,912 shares of CBL & Associates Properties exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,229,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.07-$18.53 after having opened the day at $17.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.14. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Supertel Hospitality ( SPPR), up 33.5%, Equus Total Return ( EQS), up 12.1%, RBS Oil Trendpilot Exchange Traded Notes ( TWTI), up 11.9% and Credit Suisse ( TVIX), up 11.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CBL & Associates Properties Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.