Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Devon Energy ( DVN) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Devon Energy rose $1.34 (2.1%) to $64.25 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9,560,832 shares of Devon Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,391,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $63.31-$65.64 after having opened the day at $64.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.91. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Nabors Industries ( NBR), up 13.3%, China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation ( SNP), up 8.4%, U.S. Energy ( USEG), up 7.0% and Blackhawk Network Holdings ( HAWK), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Devon Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.