- ACC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.5 million.
- ACC has traded 143,997 shares today.
- ACC is trading at 1.65 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ACC crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ACC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ACC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ACC: American Campus Communities, Inc. is an independent equity real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It primarily engages in developing, owning, and managing high-quality student housing communities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. ACC has a PE ratio of 37.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate American Campus Communities a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for American Campus Communities has been 835,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. American Campus has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.09 and a short float of 2.4% with 1.56 days to cover. Shares are up 12.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates American Campus Communities as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 17.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $23.66 million to $27.83 million.
- AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES has improved earnings per share by 19.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES reported lower earnings of $0.44 versus $0.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.59 versus $0.44).
- ACC has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 23.37% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, AMERICAN CAMPUS COMMUNITIES underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full American Campus Communities Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.