Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Zebra Technologies Corporation ( ZBRA) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Zebra Technologies Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ZBRA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.6 million.
- ZBRA has traded 27,633 shares today.
- ZBRA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ZBRA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ZBRA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ZBRA: Zebra Technologies Corp. ZBRA has a PE ratio of 22.5. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Zebra Technologies Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Zebra Technologies Corporation has been 186,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Zebra has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.36 and a short float of 1.6% with 3.92 days to cover. Shares are up 3.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Zebra Technologies Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average. The net income increased by 42.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $27.10 million to $38.60 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ZBRA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 6.54, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- ZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES CP has improved earnings per share by 49.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES CP reported lower earnings of $2.35 versus $2.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.58 versus $2.35).
- You can view the full Zebra Technologies Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.