- KMP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $78.6 million.
- KMP traded 305,830 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:33 AM, representing 30.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KMP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KMP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KMP: Looking for treating, processing, gathering, pipelines & storage businesses. and businesses on the compression side. Also, are interested in looking at new technologies they can deploy across their companies. Look at companies above $5MM EBITDA. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.8%. KMP has a PE ratio of 21.2. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Kinder Morgan Energy Partners a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kinder Morgan Energy Partners has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kinder Morgan Energy has a market cap of $24.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.60 and a short float of 2.5% with 5.77 days to cover. Shares are down 1.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kinder Morgan Energy Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 35.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- KINDER MORGAN ENERGY -LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KINDER MORGAN ENERGY -LP turned its bottom line around by earning $1.64 versus -$0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.74 versus $1.64).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 70.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $405.00 million to $689.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $956.00 million or 18.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KINDER MORGAN ENERGY -LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -50.31%.
- 39.07% is the gross profit margin for KINDER MORGAN ENERGY -LP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of KMP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KMP's net profit margin of 20.37% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Energy Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.