Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Union Pacific ( UNP) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific fell $1.84 (-1.0%) to $178.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,863,847 shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,979,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $177.33-$180.40 after having opened the day at $180.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $180.14. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: TOP Ships ( TOPS), down 15.6%, Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 11.1%, Kansas City Southern ( KSU), down 4.5% and Roadrunner Transportation Systems ( RRTS), down 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.