Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Republic Services ( RSG) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Republic Services fell $0.57 (-1.7%) to $33.83 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,212,322 shares of Republic Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,858,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.42-$34.36 after having opened the day at $34.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.40. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 12.6%, Gafisa ( GFA), down 7.9%, Waste Management ( WM), down 4.5% and India Globalization Capital ( IGC), down 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Republic Services Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.