Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allstate ( ALL) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Allstate fell $0.78 (-1.5%) to $52.18 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,499,604 shares of Allstate exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,539,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.17-$53.17 after having opened the day at $53.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.96. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: National Security Group ( NSEC), down 11.3%, American National Insurance ( ANAT), down 4.7%, Donegal Group ( DGICB), down 4.1% and Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Allstate Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.