Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Spirit Airlines ( SAVE) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Spirit Airlines rose $0.60 (1.3%) to $47.66 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,125,494 shares of Spirit Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 716,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.80-$47.88 after having opened the day at $47.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.06. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Globus Maritime ( GLBS), up 5.4%, Diana Containerships ( DCIX), up 5.2%, International Shipholding Corporation ( ISH), up 4.2% and China Metro-Rural Holdings ( CNR), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Spirit Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.