Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $0.68 (1.4%) to $51.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,163,315 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,584,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.32-$51.18 after having opened the day at $50.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.39. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: United Fire Group ( UFCS), up 15.1%, China Life Insurance Co Ltd ADR repr Class ( LFC), up 5.2%, American Independence Corporation ( AMIC), up 5.2% and Triple-S Management Corporation ( GTS), up 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.