Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ingersoll-Rand ( IR) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Ingersoll-Rand rose $0.95 (1.6%) to $59.38 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,207,772 shares of Ingersoll-Rand exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,698,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.23-$59.54 after having opened the day at $58.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.43. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Euro Tech Holdings Company ( CLWT), up 12.7%, Compx International ( CIX), up 11.2%, Matrix Service Company ( MTRX), up 8.3% and Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ingersoll-Rand Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.