Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Methanex Corporation ( MEOH) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Methanex Corporation rose $0.66 (1.0%) to $64.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 793,649 shares of Methanex Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 869,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $63.62-$64.53 after having opened the day at $63.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.40. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Lightbridge ( LTBR), up 24.2%, Amyris ( AMRS), up 7.2%, Ceres ( CERE), up 6.4% and Green Plains Renewable Energy ( GPRE), up 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Methanex Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.