Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Anadarko Petroleum rose $2.03 (2.5%) to $83.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,630,524 shares of Anadarko Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,836,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $81.70-$83.57 after having opened the day at $81.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.54. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Golden Minerals ( AUMN), up 24.7%, Lightbridge ( LTBR), up 24.2%, Avino Silver & Gold Mines ( ASM), up 17.0% and Northern Dynasty Minerals ( NAK), up 13.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.