Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. UBS ( UBS) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, UBS rose $0.21 (1.0%) to $21.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,830,511 shares of UBS exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,187,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.95-$21.13 after having opened the day at $20.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.84. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: VelocityShares 3x Long Natural Gas ETN ( UGAZ), up 12.0%, First Security Group ( FSGI), up 7.6%, VelocityShares 3x Long Silver ETN linked to ( USLV), up 7.0% and Home Bancorp ( HBCP), up 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full UBS Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.