- TECD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.7 million.
- TECD has traded 22,227 shares today.
- TECD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TECD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TECD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TECD: Tech Data Corporation engages in the wholesale distribution of technology products in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. TECD has a PE ratio of 12.3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Tech Data Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tech Data Corporation has been 170,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tech Data has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 2.5% with 2.31 days to cover. Shares are up 7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tech Data Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TECD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- TECD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.80 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- TECH DATA CORP's earnings per share declined by 10.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TECH DATA CORP reported lower earnings of $4.49 versus $4.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.18 versus $4.49).
- You can view the full Tech Data Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.