- SPNC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.5 million.
- SPNC has traded 1,925 shares today.
- SPNC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPNC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPNC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SPNC: The Spectranetics Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes single-use medical devices used in minimally invasive procedures in the cardiovascular system. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Spectranetics Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Spectranetics Corporation has been 325,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Spectranetics has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.08 and a short float of 4% with 3.93 days to cover. Shares are up 5.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Spectranetics Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 25.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- SPNC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 7.79, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for SPECTRANETICS CORP is currently very high, coming in at 79.58%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, SPNC's net profit margin of 1.09% significantly trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 52.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.91 million to $0.43 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, SPECTRANETICS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Spectranetics Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.