- NI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $73.9 million.
- NI has traded 30,188 shares today.
- NI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NI: NiSource Inc., an energy holding company, through its subsidiaries, provides natural gas, electricity, and other products and services. It operates in three segments: Gas Distribution Operations, Gas Transmission and Storage Operations, and Electric Operations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. NI has a PE ratio of 22.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate NiSource a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for NiSource has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NiSource has a market cap of $10.9 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.22 and a short float of 1.7% with 2.56 days to cover. Shares are up 5.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NiSource as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 32.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NISOURCE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NISOURCE INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.35 versus $1.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.55 versus $1.35).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income increased by 149.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $19.30 million to $48.10 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $184.10 million or 8.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NISOURCE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -71.65%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 220.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 27.92% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full NiSource Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.