- KS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.4 million.
- KS has traded 41,408 shares today.
- KS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KS: KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation engages in the production, sale, and export of unbleached kraft paper products and corrugated products in the United States and internationally. KS has a PE ratio of 20.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation has been 726,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. KapStone Paper And Packaging has a market cap of $2.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.43 and a short float of 4.2% with 2.19 days to cover. Shares are up 6.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 87.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- KAPSTONE PAPER & PACKAGING reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KAPSTONE PAPER & PACKAGING increased its bottom line by earning $1.32 versus $0.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.25 versus $1.32).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Paper & Forest Products industry. The net income increased by 326.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $10.19 million to $43.47 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Paper & Forest Products industry and the overall market, KAPSTONE PAPER & PACKAGING's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 221.49% to $129.81 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KAPSTONE PAPER & PACKAGING has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 37.84%.
- You can view the full KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.