Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Coca-Cola ( CCE) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Coca-Cola as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CCE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $117.8 million.
- CCE has traded 21,296 shares today.
- CCE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CCE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CCE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CCE: Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc. produces, distributes, and markets nonalcoholic beverages. It provides still and sparkling waters, flavored waters, juice and juice drinks, sports drinks, energy drinks, teas, and coffees. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. CCE has a PE ratio of 18.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Coca-Cola a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Coca-Cola has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Coca-Cola has a market cap of $11.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.97 and a short float of 0.9% with 0.94 days to cover. Shares are up 4.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Coca-Cola as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CCE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- COCA-COLA ENTERPRISES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COCA-COLA ENTERPRISES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.45 versus $2.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.86 versus $2.45).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Beverages industry average. The net income increased by 35.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $100.00 million to $135.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Beverages industry and the overall market, COCA-COLA ENTERPRISES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 29.97% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Coca-Cola Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.