Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications fell $0.80 (-1.7%) to $46.51 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 26,214,410 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,384,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.42-$47.14 after having opened the day at $47.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.31. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Alvarion ( ALVR), down 14.3%, Gogo ( GOGO), down 9.3%, Novatel Wireless ( NVTL), down 6.0% and Internet Gold Golden Lines ( IGLD), down 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.