Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. J.M. Smucker ( SJM) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, J.M. Smucker fell $3.33 (-3.5%) to $91.81 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,272,028 shares of J.M. Smucker exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 838,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $87.10-$92.24 after having opened the day at $91.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $95.14. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Tianli Agritech ( OINK), down 7.7%, Kid Brands ( KID), down 7.3%, Supreme Industries ( STS), down 5.2% and Koss Corporation ( KOSS), down 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full J.M. Smucker Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.