Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Goldcorp ( GG) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.2%. By the end of trading, Goldcorp rose $0.57 (2.1%) to $27.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,200,084 shares of Goldcorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,333,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.32-$28.13 after having opened the day at $27.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.98. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Mines Management ( MGN), up 25.0%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 17.9%, Great Panther Silver ( GPL), up 17.1% and Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), up 15.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Goldcorp Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.