Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walt Disney ( DIS) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Walt Disney rose $1.33 (1.7%) to $79.23 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,000,004 shares of Walt Disney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,168,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.77-$79.47 after having opened the day at $77.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.90. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), up 11.6%, Emmis Communications ( EMMS), up 9.2%, Hong Kong Television Network ( HKTV), up 8.4% and A.H. Belo Corporation ( AHC), up 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.