Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. WellPoint ( WLP) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, WellPoint rose $2.49 (2.9%) to $87.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,434,274 shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,393,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $85.07-$88.01 after having opened the day at $85.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.31. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: LCA-Vision ( LCAV), up 28.0%, Fonar Corporation ( FONR), up 25.1%, Bovie Medical Corporation ( BVX), up 8.8% and EnteroMedics ( ETRM), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full WellPoint Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.