Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. XL Group ( XL) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, XL Group rose $0.35 (1.2%) to $29.23 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,751,219 shares of XL Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,090,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.80-$29.30 after having opened the day at $28.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.88. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Credit Suisse ( USLV), up 13.6%, US Global Investors ( GROW), up 11.8%, Macro Bank ( BMA), up 11.7% and Bbva Banco FrancesS.A ( BFR), up 10.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full XL Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.