Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Occidental Petroleum Corporation ( OXY) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Occidental Petroleum Corporation rose $3.49 (3.8%) to $95.76 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,778,224 shares of Occidental Petroleum Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,869,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $94.27-$96.06 after having opened the day at $94.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $92.27. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Saratoga Resources ( SARA), up 23.0%, MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 21.8%, Gastar Exploration ( GST), up 10.3% and Petroquest Energy ( PQ), up 8.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Occidental Petroleum Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.