Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. ConocoPhillips ( COP) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, ConocoPhillips rose $0.82 (1.3%) to $65.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,594,843 shares of ConocoPhillips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,076,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.50-$65.65 after having opened the day at $64.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.71. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), up 28.0%, Mines Management ( MGN), up 25.0%, Saratoga Resources ( SARA), up 23.0% and MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 21.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full ConocoPhillips Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.