Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.75 (2.1%) to $35.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 22,753,343 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,220,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.25-$36.08 after having opened the day at $35.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.20. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: TRW Automotive Holdings ( TRW), up 4.5%, Tata Motors ( TTM), up 4.0%, Allison Transmission Holdings ( ALSN), up 3.1% and SORL Auto Parts ( SORL), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.