Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Comcast ( CMCSA) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Comcast fell $2.28 (-4.1%) to $52.96 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 82,928,610 shares of Comcast exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,818,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.77-$54.29 after having opened the day at $53.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.24. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Charter Communications ( CHTR), down 6.3%, Rocket Fuel ( FUEL), down 5.6%, Discovery Communications ( DISCA), down 4.3% and Emmis Communications ( EMMS), down 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Comcast Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.