Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Talisman Energy ( TLM) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Talisman Energy fell $0.12 (-1.1%) to $10.73 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,690,763 shares of Talisman Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,989,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.68-$10.82 after having opened the day at $10.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.85. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GSE ( GSE), down 10.0%, Lilis Energy ( LLEX), down 9.3%, Intrepid Potash ( IPI), down 8.8% and Entree Gold ( EGI), down 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Talisman Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.